Table of Contents
MA+P Checkout Guidelines
All MA+P Library books, Library DVDs, Library CDs, Access Cards and Equipment are available in the following order of priority:
- MA+P Courses
- SCA Courses
- MA+P Students
- MA+P PhD students
- MA+P Visiting Scholars
- MA+P Graduate Certificate Students
- MA+P BA Students
- MA+P Honors and Minor Students
- All other non-declared students enrolled in MA+P courses
SCI L108 (Recording Studio) is also available to students from:
- Interactive Media and Games Division
- Animation and Digital Arts
Generally, if you can login to SCA Community and belong to the mentioned groups, you can make a reservation and check out items. You must use your @usc.edu email when making a reservation. No other email accounts will be accepted.
Class reservations will be prioritized over individual student reservations.
A valid @usc.edu email address is required to place a reservation. All valid reservations, check-outs and check-ins will be recorded with an email to the student. If your reservation is invalid or the item is unavailable, you will receive a notification email informing you of a cancelled reservation. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours, please speak with the student worker at the MA+P Front Desk.
If you have made a reservation and do not pick up your item by end of day or your requested time, your reservation will be cancelled. The items you reserved may be checked out or reserved by others.
Pickups and Returns
All items are checked out at the MA+P Front Desk located in the MA+P Suite in SCI 101. Enter SCI 101 through the SCI outer doors facing 34th Street. Please present your valid USC ID when you arrive to pick up your items. Items will not be checked out without a valid USC ID.
All items must be returned to the MA+P Front Desk at the designated time. If you are late returning the item and have not made prior arrangements with David Lopez, you may be fined $50/day until the item is returned and/or you may lose checkout privileges for the semester.
If Books, Equipment or Access Cards need to be checked out for a longer period of time, please note it on the reservation form.
Reservations for Library Books, DVDs and CDs can be made up to 1-2 days before checkout. Items will be available on a first come, first serve basis. A valid @usc.edu email address is required to place a reservation.
[Inventory list coming soon]
All MA+P Library items (Books, DVDs and CDs) are available for 7 day checkouts. Items must be returned by 4pm on the due date. Example: If you check out a book at 10am on Monday, then you must return it by 4pm on the following Monday.
Reservations must be placed 1-2 days before checkout. Items will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Some items are restricted only to courses and Ph.D. students. A valid @usc.edu email address is required to place a reservation.
[Inventory list coming soon]
All MA+P equipment is available for 3 – 4 day checkouts. MA+P Equipment is only available for checkout on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The following checkout schedule applies to MA+P equipment:
|Monday 12pm – 4pm||Wednesday 12pm – 4pm|
|Wednesday 12pm – 4pm||Friday 12pm – 4pm|
|Friday 12pm – 4pm||Monday 12pm – 4pm|
MA+P Transmedia Lab and Recording Studio
The MA+P Recording Studio (SCI L108) has 1 iMac with software and hardware including:
- Waves Plugin
- 5 condenser mics + stands
- 2 Sony NX1 cameras + tripods
- 1 webcam
- 1 greenscreen
- 10 grid mounted LED lights
- 3 LED lights mounted on wheeled stands
- 3 C-Stands
The MA+P Transmedia Lab (SCI L107) has the following resources:
- AutoPano Pro
- AutoPano Giga
- 1 Ceiling Mounted Projector
- 1 white wall for Projection
- 6 wall mounted Sharp TVs on 1 wall
- 1 wall mounted Sharp TV on 1 wall
To check the availability of SCI L108 and SCI L107, check the calendar posted here:
You may check out access cards for the MA+P Transmedia Lab or MA+P Transmedia Studio. You will receive a USC ID card specifically keyed to SCI L107 or SCI L108. When you are done with the space, you will reset the equipment in the room, lock the room and return the USC ID card.
- A valid @usc.edu email address is required to place a reservation.
- Reservations may be placed anytime, including the day of the appointment.
- Reservations will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
- MA+P Access Cards must be checked out at the MA+P Front Desk in SCI 101.
- A valid USC ID card must be exchanged for an Access Card.
- MA+P Access Cards must be returned to the MA+P Front Desk to retrieve your USC ID card.
- Classes will have reservation priority.
Rooms may be used in 30 minute to 2 hour blocks during these times:
- 10am - 4pm on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- 10am - 6pm on Wednesday